List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: QT Not Installed?
From:       Duncan Haldane <f.d.m.haldane () MCI2000 ! com>
Date:       1998-10-31 6:31:53

On 30-Oct-98 Jeffrey A. Croft wrote:
> Opps...
>
> I forgot to tell you...
>
> When I do an rpm -V (verify) on my qt packages, it say that qt is not
> installed.  But, if I try to install it, it tells me that it's already
> installed!  what gives?  I forced the packages to install over the old,
> but to no avail..

This should NOT happen.  Hmmm, try to uninstall and reinstall qt and qt-devel
(er, you *DO* have qt-devel installed as well as qt dont't you.... (is THAT your
error?) you need qt-devel which has the headers for compiling anaything from KDE)

rpm -e --nodeps qt qt-devel
rpm -Uvh qt-1.41-1rh51.i386.rpm   (or 1.33, 1.40)
rpm -Uvh qt-devel-1.41-1rh51.i386.rpm

>> etc.).  I can't get them to make, and I think it's b/c of an error I get
>> when i run the ./configure.
>>
>> The error I get is:
>> checking for QT... configure: error: QT-1.3 (headers and libraries) not
>> found.  Please check your installation!   (YES, probably you have no qt-devel
rpm package installed)

On a default redhat 5.1 installation, you need to
export CC=egcs
before compiling, or use
CC=egcs ./configure

(This probably isn't your error, but it is a common error.....)
see the docs in /usr/doc/KDE-1.0  (or /usr/doc/kdebase-1.0, with older rpms)

E-Mail: Duncan  Haldane <f.d.m.haldane@MCI2000.com>
Date: 31-Oct-98
Time: 01:21:17

This message was sent by XFMail