List:       kde-user
Subject:    KFM & HP-UX
From:       Stefano Selleri <selleri () ingfi9 ! die ! unifi ! it>
Date:       1998-10-30 11:36:30

>Jochen Diehl wrote:

>> Hi!
>> After having problems compiling KDE on our 10.20 HP-UX I fetched the
>> binary distribution, but I can't get kfm run properly. It opens a window
>> but then immediately aborts and dumps core. Unfortunately I can't debug
>> kfm due to missing symbols.  Output is this:
>>
>> dj@hw1466:~> /opt/kde/bin/kfm
>> Could not read '/tmp/kfm-cache-10973/index.txt'
>>
>> QObject::connect: No such slot KfmGui::slotHelp()
>> emit documentStarted( this );
>> Parsing : file:/sapmnt/home1/dj/
>> ******** EXIT ********
>> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>>
>> Does anybody has KDE on HP-UX running or have a working binary of kfm
>> for me or have a binary which I can debug or the minimal requirements
>> for compiling KDE on HP-SUX?

>I had the same problem with kfm when compiling 1.0 with optimizations on.
>Another HPUX user informed me that if you build kdebase with no
>optimizations
>then it will work.  That is what I did and it worked for me.

>Since then I have been building and using snapshots that by default don't
>turn on
>optimization and all has worked well with kfm.  However kdehelp has always
>core dumped on me, and I haven't found a way to fix it yet.

Actually I followed the suggestion of another KDEusers out there
and I just recompiled KDELIBS without optimization, this
lets my kfm works even if KDEBASE is
compiled WITH optimizations !!!

To do that just make distclean, rm config.cache and wipe away
all the "-O2"s in congure script, then do as usual...

Good luck,
Stefano