List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: I also have a sound problem
From:       Mc_Helm Basil Group Audit <BasilM () Transnet ! co ! za>
Date:       1998-09-30 9:16:33

Check your isapnp.conf file in /etc , I had the same/similar problem until I
realised that one has to set the wavetable io ports exactly. my pnpdump into
isapnp.conf rendered wavetable at io address 0x0620, I added the remaining 2
io addresses required (check AWE32/64 HOWTO) and I did an interesting thing.
where it returned 0x0620 I changed it to 0x620 (minus 2nd 0) (this goes for
the other 2 io addresses also.

I only have a little bit of a new problem. kmidi plays very slowly now!

Hope this helps

PS! any Ideas on why midi so slow(sounds stretched and stuck...)