List:       kde-user
Subject:    ktop strangeness...
From:       Joe Kelly <joseph_kelly () yahoo ! com>
Date:       1998-08-31 12:02:03

Hi all,

I have the same problem with ktop that Roger Jackson described in his
08/05 mail to kde-users, I've searched the mailing lists but didn't
come across a soln there. So has anyone seen abd fixed this problem
(below) before and can you pls give me a few tips.

Many Thanks in advance,
Joe Kelly.

---------Mail from "Roger Jackson"
<alanon@wilmington.net>---------------

Basically I just started playing with kde a couple of days ago. I was
looking throuhg the apps list and stumbled upon ktop and decided i had
have it. (actually im wondering why such an app isnt in teh base
applications yet but anyway) My issue is this first in the 0.97 tar.gz
there
are a few places in the configure script in the section where u generate
make files and where you check them with sed, that where you have the /
indication an end of line next line feed there is a " " (space) after
one of
them which generates a file in the directory called / which causes the
install and make to fail. Secondly after compiling the source on my
machine(after i fixed up the configure file) i got it to compile and
when i
launched the app i have the border the tabs and the menues on teh top
but
nothing in the tabs, excpt what looks like scruntched up edit boxes or
text
in teh very top left corner of a tab. I was wondering if anyone had seen
this
issue before and might have a few suggestions for me to check. I have
all
teh support libs and full packages installed for kde so i am wondering
what
i may have wrong.