List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KDE in IRIX 6.x
From:       Pascal Fleury <Pascal.Fleury () epfl ! ch>
Date:       1998-08-27 8:14:37

Thanks Steve !

I have looked at it, but in my case, I have the following problem:
On SGI IRIX 6.2, we have a hybrid system which works with old executables
(suitable to IRIX 5.x also) and new ones. I don't know the exact difference,
but they are called old-32 bit and new-32bit executables/libraries.
And you cannot mix them (compilation, linking or dynamic linking).
I have compiled everything with gcc 2.8.1, whose support for SGI IRIX 6.2
is much improved (gnu doc), but it produces only new-32 bit code. Matthias'
is all old-32 bit code (from gcc 2.7.2.2). As I don't want to try to
install an old version of gcc, an old version of Qt and so on...
my question is (which will sooner or later have to be answered):

Any experience with KDE and gcc 2.8.1 ?

Besides the SGI specific problems, gcc 2.8.1 generates tons of warning
messages I'm not really sure what they mean... But all except fwm seems
to work on my machine (kbase kutils knetwork) with very little tweaking
of source files (one or two added #define that I remember).

Pascal

Steve Allen wrote:
> >Anybody else's experience available ?
>
> Matthias Bolten has compiled KDE for IRIX 6.2.  It's available at:
> http://www.bolten.de/sgi/kde/
>
> The page says it includes kdelib, kdesupport, kdebase, kdeutils and
> kdenetwork, and also available is qt.  I haven't tried it, myself...
>
> ~Steve

Pascal FLEURY
Signal Processing Laboratory
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology - EPFL
1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Phone: (+41) 21 693 48 07    Fax: (+41) 21 693 76 00
mailto:Pascal.Fleury@epfl.ch
http://ltswww.epfl.ch/~fleury