List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: xpm's as icons
From:       "Vincent - D. Ertner" <kde () eec ! de>
Date:       1998-08-02 1:42:38

>>What are the restrictions of the use of xpm's for icons on the desktop?
>>When I define  /usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/dosemu.xpm to be
>>my desktop icon for dosemu, it gives me the 'unknown.xpm'

>I moved the  icons I wanted into $KDEHOME/share/icons and that seemed
>to work. I don't know how to tell kde to look in the pixmap
>directory, though.

This is exactly a feature I suggested a few times: If there were more than
*one* path available it would be quite easy to have a central area for all
the pixmaps ...

I put all my xpms in /usr/share/pixmaps ... followed by a whole bunch of
"themes" folders - in order to store different groups of similar icons.
This concept works very well with AfterStep (e. g.) and would make KDE more
attractive ...

Vince