List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: that new user smell
From:       Rainer Finocchiaro <rainer () demag ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       1998-06-28 17:36:22

Hi Chad,

the file /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc is the systemwide X configuration file
which is used as default if there is no .xinitrc file in your
/home/"username" directory. Just copy xinitrc to .xinitrc and edit the
one in your home directory according to the documentation ("Look for the
line that calls your window manager and replace it with startkde.").
Then start X by typing startx at the command prompt.
By the way, I am not too familiar with Redhat, but it could be that they
use a file called .Xclients instead of .xinitrc.
You can also have a look at http://home.fuse.net/bmote/ for a short
tutorial...

Rainer

--