List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: kmail
From:       Howdy Doody <kcsmart () microlink ! net>
Date:       1998-07-01 6:34:51

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, duff wrote:
>i'm having trouble setting up some filters in kmail.  when i go to
>File->Filter..., i first get a warning "QListBox ... Index out of range" or
>something like that.  then when i get the window for creating filters, i can't
>figure out how to create a filter that will send messages to a folder.  if
>anyone knows how to do this, i would appreciate it.

First, creat the folders you want the new mail to go into (kde-ml, money, or
whatever you wan to call them.

1. Choose the area where the message will be filtered from (usually the From or
Subject lines).

2. Choose whether  the file will be equal or unequal to (exact) or contain (have
part of something) a particular subject, from line, body text, etc.

3. Leave the radio button that says ignore where it is unless you have
additional filtering cirteria. For example, a particular mailing list address
and a particular subect. If you chane the ignore button, also change the other
boxes as in 1 and 2 above.

4. Since you mentioned filtering to folders, click the first box that says
<nothing> and change it to  transfer. The area next to it will create a button
marked inbox.

5. Click the inbox labelled bax and select the folder you want to place the file
into.

So, an example:

I created a box called RH-ml

1. Choose FROM.

2. Choose either:

	a. contains
	         or
	b. equal to

3. Type in:

	a. redhat (for contains)
	      or
	b. redhat-list@redhat.com (equal to)

4. Choose TRANSFER

5. Select RH-ml

Now all files containing redhat (a) or redhat-list@redhat.com (b) in the FROM
line will be moved when downloaded. Only for future mail. Currently received
won't be affected.

Unfortuantely, I can't answer what causes the error you're getting. I get the
same error when I accidentally hit the M$-Doze key on this keyboard.