List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: FTP client for KDE
From:       "Joseph E. Knuth" <webmaster () wms1 ! com>
Date:       1998-06-30 20:39:00

At 10:32 PM 6/30/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Matthew Ando wrote:

>> I use KFM.  For example, if I try to open
>>
>> ftp://ando@math.jhu.edu
>>
>> then KFM prompts for  password.  Once I give the password, KFM opens a
window
>> showing my directory, etc.
>Unfortunately KFM won't work with the t-online homepage upload server(Doesn't
>say what kind of server it is, though!). Same is unfortunately true for
sftp and
>wxftp. I really think there should be a dedicated kftp program. KFM
doesn't work
>everywhere. In fact there is NO good GUI ftp program out for Linux. I
would love
>a good one though! I hat the CLI ftp. No comfort compared to the bash for
>example! So developpers here's your chance to fame.
>--
>BYE, Moritz Moeller-Herrmann
>Tired of General Protection Faults?       Think about it...
>Pay $00 for a better replacement of MS Windows95 (Linux + KDE/GNOME),
>of Adobe Photoshop (Gimp)and of MS Office (Star Office 4.0 for Linux)!
>Email me if you need help!

Dear Moritz;

There is an X program available called 'Sprocket' that is an excellent ftp
program.
The graphical interface is easy to use.  I do not have the address for the
site but if
you look at the kde home page and look under the kde apps home pages you
will find a link
to it.

Sincerely'
Joseph E. Knuth