Bruce, I think you're right, I might have written the answer myself, without seeing it. I think I got the point. I will gonna play with that, but 2 questions arise now: 1) Am I the only one having this problem? I mean, there are several newbies with even so newbie questions, but I never saw this one in the list. 2) I know that changing root's default shell on Solaris, causes a lot of troubles, resulting in having to boot from CD and then manually change back the passwd file. Isn't there such an effect on Linux? What happens with the rc-scripts, for instance? Well, nothing happens with the scripts actually, but are there unpleasant side-effects due to change of the default shell? --- You can only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. Best regards, and don't let the bits byte! Ivo Naninck. ~ ~ :wq!