List:       kde-user
Subject:    Wierd error messages
From:       Mike Buchanon <buchanon () mlss15 ! cl ! msu ! edu>
Date:       1998-06-30 14:21:45

Hi All,
 When I compile and try to run certain KDE apps(kdetop, ksamba, kmpeg3,
etc) I get the following error messages in my /var/log/messages file:

Jun 25 15:56:54 manetheren /kernel: cmd kdehelp pid 1585 tried to use
non-present SYSVMSG
Jun 25 15:56:54 manetheren /kernel: pid 1585 (kdehelp), uid 1001: exited
on sign al 12 (core dumped)

I'm running KDE on FreeBSD.  I've installed the port which is supposed to
install all the librarys and stuff.

My environment for the kde stuff looks like this:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/StarOffice-3.1/linux-x86/lib:/usr/local/lib
KDEDIR=/usr/local

If anyone can help, I'll be very happy. Thanks and take care,
 /mtb

        ,,,
       (. .)
 Michael Thomas Buchanon  ---  Computer/Networking Consultant
    Home Page URL:  http://manetheren.cl.msu.edu/~buchanon/
                                    Brighter the honour hence