List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: A version 1.0 ?  where???
From:       Frosty <frosking () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       1998-06-30 11:30:40

There seem to have been much confusion about this. This is the story so far:

A 1.0pre directory was created on the ftp server. This caused an anouncement
on
freshmeat that kde pre0.1 was realead, although the directories where empty
and there was no official release info on the kde homepage.
Then some source code was released on the ftp server. Another announcement
on freshmeat, but not on the KDE homepage. After a couple of days the beta4
directories was deleted. Probably due to some bugs in the packages, they
were then pulled from the ftp site. So the morale is, wait for the
anouncement on the KDE site, the developers will probably update the site as
soon as the packages are truly ready for consumption.