Gareth J. Sargeant wrote: > > This is my problem: > > kppp (KDE b4, QT 1.33, RH 5.0, i386) successfully connects to my ISP, > sucessfully logs in, sucessfully starts pppd (since I get a "ppp-.dev", and > "ppp0.pid" in /var/run) and then instantly reports "ppp daemon died > unexpectedly" except its not dead. > > Kppp, thinking it's not connected goes back to its ready to dial mode. Which > means I have to kill pppd when I want to logout. > > Is there a configuration of kppp that might be causing this. > Check the pppd arguments (Dial tab). Do they contain the default "-detach" option ? They definetely should. Any feedback is welcome, Harri.