List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: .xinitrc????
From:       "David E. Fox" <dfox () belvdere ! vip ! best ! com>
Date:       1998-06-30 3:50:15

On Sun, 28 Jun 1998, Johan Kjellman wrote:
> > Hi!
>
> Having some problems whit my installation of KDE. The userguide says:
>
> "Next, edit the .xinitrc file in your home directory. Look for the line that calls \
> your window manager and replace it with startkde. "
> Canīt find a file whit that name anywhere. Please help me. I have redhat linux 5.0.

..xinitrc and similar 'dotfiles' aren't generally present on a new
distribution. For the most part, these are user and application-specific
files, somewhat used in the same vein as INI files under Windows. Redhat
does have a 'xinitrc' file (without the leading period) -- you could
copy that into your home directory, and then edit it, without corrupting
the original. The one in /etc/X11/xinit is a sample.

> Johan Kjellman

David E. Fox                 Tax              Thanks for letting me
dfox@belvdere.vip.best.com   the              change magnetic patterns
root@belvedere.sbay.org      churches         on your hard disk.