List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Still having problem whit .xinitrc
From:       Rainer Finocchiaro <rainer () demag ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       1998-06-29 12:35:59

Hi Johan,
you seem to have one of the following problems:

1. your PATH is not set correctly
2. you have downloaded the wrong Packages for KDE and/or QT

Try to change the lines in .xinitrc to absolute paths (e.g.
/opt/kde/bin/kaudioserver &) and look at the messages.
If you don't see any error messages, you have a problem with your PATH
variable, if the messages are still there, it might well be that you
downloaded the wrong packages. Type on the commandline "ldd /bin/bash"
and look for a line like
libc.so.5 => /lib/libc.so.5 (0x4000f000)
and you will know if your system is based on libc6 or libc5 (btw. the
only system I know of being based on libc6 is RH5).
After that download and install the correct packages (KDE and QT) for
your system...

Rainer

> Johan Kjellman wrote:
>
> Hi!
> I created the file .xinitrc whit the help of frosty.
> He sent me a .xinitrc. You can see the commands below. Now when i type
> startx i get the message kaudioserver: command not found and so on.
> What have i done wrong? Think i typed somthing wrong in the profile
> file?
>

> Johan Kjellman
>
> #
>
> # Settings for the K environment