List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: .xinitrc????
From:       Al Stalla <kurky () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1997-12-28 14:23:18

I know I had the same problem when I installed RH 5.0.
The installation process does not create a .xinitrc file. You might have
a new.xinitrc file in your root directory but that is not the one you're
looking for.
Just create it, that's what I did and it worked fine.
Create a file .xinitrc and just add a line startkde in that file and
save it in the root directory.
That should do it.
Good luck!