List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: that new user smell
From:       Shawn Leas <sleas () ixion ! honeywell ! com>
Date:       1998-06-28 22:36:16

I'm tired of this thread...

Give us a clue as to where you are failing.  startkde is only a little
script that starts the KDE proggies like kwm, kfm, etc.  You still need to
start the xserver. Find where your WM gets started from now, and put
"startkde" there.

A .xinitrc is an alternative to the "system" xinitrc, and .xsession is
what gets exec'd when running [xk]dm.

-Shawn