List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: Mouse not functional
From:       "Bruce J. Carter" <bjcarter () gte ! net>
Date:       1998-06-28 14:26:56

Hi Jon,

On 28-Jun-98 J Peck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed Beta4, and I have the following problem:
>
> The mouse click does not seem to be registered on buttons, or menus.  In
> file-windows the status-bar responds to the mouse being moved over
> items,
> the icon at the top left of the windows is fully fuctional, providing a
> menu
> when clicked, and selection boxes (eg language settings) work fine.
>
> I had no error messages when installing either KDE or Qt, and I verified
> that qt worked by running the demo applets under fvwm.
>
> The rest of the system seems functional, I can use Alt-F1 to bring up
> the
> K-menu, and navigating with the keyboard seems okay.
>
> I'm using Slackware 3.4, with libc 5, and a Microsoft Intellimouse.
>
> Any help you can give would be much appriciated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jon

I had a similar problem recently on MkLinux for a PPC. I never did figure
out what the problem was, but the one clue I found and this may or may not
solve your problem, but is the gpm daemon running? It is the daemon for a
general purpose mouse, hence the name gpm. When I turned off the gpm
daemon my mouse mysteriously quit working.

How does your mouse work with other window managers? Say fvwm, fvwm, mwm,
or afterstep...

I really don't have any good suggestions on this or help, but just the
above thoughts....

Cheers,

Bruce...

E-Mail: Bruce J. Carter <bjcarter@gte.net>