List:       kde-user
Subject:    that new user smell
From:       "C. Elliott" <celliot1 () elp ! rr ! com>
Date:       1998-06-28 1:47:22

I've spent a few weeks trying to get kde to work. I've had all kinds of
different error messages, I've reinstalled Red Hat 5.0 about 5 or 6
times and retried to load kde. I've followed all instructions to the
letter and I've monitored this list for a couple of weeks.
I've tried lib 5 and lib 6.
So my most recent problem is:
    "Can't connect with X server"
I guess it might be caused by my uncertainty about where to add the
export KDEDIR line in my /etc/profile. I've tried adding it to the
pre-existing export line, at the end and I've tried it on it's own line
and neither has made a difference. Please advise.
Thanks in advance.
Chad