List:       kde-user
Subject:    Install problems with Redhat 5.0
From:       James R Barnett <jrbarnet () nimitz ! ecn ! ou ! edu>
Date:       1998-06-27 0:19:52

Hi,

I am very new to KDE (2nd day on the list). I couldn't find a FAQ for this
list but I did look so please forgive me if any protocols have been
violated. When trying to install kdelibs (from rpm) I get "failed
dependencies: libkfile.so.0 is needed by kdebase-beta4-1". I installed qt
from an rpm I got from ftp.redhat.com that was in a Hurricane subdirectory
so I assumed it would not need to be recompiled. Any light on the subject
is much appreciated. Thanks.

James R. Barnett
Student Applications Analyst
DCTS