List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KDM Background
From:       Martin Sauer <Martin.Sauer () mr ! anzeiger ! net>
Date:       1998-06-25 7:08:49

> I used the K->Settings->Applications->Desktop Manager to configure KDM.
> The background I've chosen appears consistenly within the Desktop
> Manager, but it's not present in the background from the login screen.
> Anybody have an idea why this might be?

If you have a "normal" KDE-login (user-icons, etc): login as root -> KDE
control center-> applications -> KDE desktop manager. Configure it. If
that does not work (why shouldnt it?), you can also edit the config-file
: login as root, cd to $kdedir/share/config/ -> edit the file kdmrc, e.g.

[KDMDESKTOP]
BackgroundColor=
FancyBackgroundPicture=/opt/kde/share/wallpapers/marble01.jpg (set the
path to your fav picture -- what is it ?-) --)
BackgroundPictureTile=1

[LOCALE]

<...>

Hope that helps.