List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: How to set application geometries
From:       nkolb () htl ! de
Date:       1998-06-17 14:42:03

On 17-Jun-98 David J. Topper wrote:
> I've been trying very hard to set geometry sizes under KDE with little
> success.  Some issues:
>
> 1)  Dragging a window does not give me coordinates like fvwm does ... so
> I have to guess.
> 2)  Using the -geometry flag in Netscape doesn't seem to work
> 3)  Emacs seems to have the same problem
>
> Does KDE pass on geometry values?  I really miss being able to open an
> application exactly where I'd like it opened.

hi

i use -geometry since 4/20/1998 on KDE Beta 4. Now i have to read
that all my login-scripts do not work. ;)

Just kidding. I can use -geomerty for k-applications and normal x-apps.
it works fine. after reading your mail i tested a lot with netscape and emacs.
i had no failure. sorry.

i used "/opt/netscape/netscape -geometry 800x600+0+0 &" and it worked.
i was unable to reproduce your probs.

keep on trying

JESTER

E-Mail: nkolb@htl.de