List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: Cannot install KDE RPM and last RPM binary
From:       ano265 () TCC ! thomson ! fr
Date:       1998-06-09 7:39:00

Hi Klaus,

We are many to suffer from the same ill than you.
Someone pointed to upgrade our rpm version.
Mine is 3.3.11 and does not match new rpms.

The _quick_ solution i have found is to use the --nodeps switch when installing.
So try something like this :

rpm -i --nodeps kdelibs-beta4-1_i386.rpm

It worked for me but beware one failed dependancy can hide another :-)
The /bin/sh does not seem harmful and I really don't understand why it issues such a \
message when I _have_ sh in my /bin directory !

About last rpm version.
There is a rpm v3.4.10 around but I think it is for glibc (a.k.a libc6) 'coz it \
failed to link in my RH 4.2 libc5. Could any one point me where to find, if any, a \
rpm v3.4.10 for libc5.

If there is not such a version, is it possible to upgrade to from libc5 to libc6 \
seemlessly, by using a rpm binary for exampe ;-) ?

Bye.