List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: kfm prob
From:       David Klemm <klemm () abacus ! at>
Date:       1998-06-08 20:35:57

Hi,

i have the speeling wheel bug when i do the following:

- Open a html-file in any dir
- dir html-file contains a reference to a non existant local html-file
- i click this reference
- kfm says the file aint there
- the wheel spins and nothing happens.

But i am using a kde snapshot of late may. So i guess this bug is pretty much
known.

ciao David

On 04-Jun-98 Eclipse wrote:
>   Is this the same problem reported by another user??
>
>   I know a few people have mentioned various kfm bugs in the new
> snapshots, and I remember someone mentioning a problem with the wheel
> continuing to spin, never showing contents, but can't remember the whole
> email. Anyway, heres what I noticed on it, similar situation I think.
>   Clicked on the Home icon on desktop, kfm opens and wheel spins, contents
> never show, like an idiot I press the refresh screen button several dozen
> times in hopes of un freezing it as well as pressing stop and refresh as
> well.
>   Upon viewing the processes I had running in qps, I noticed that I had
> 'kioslave /tmp/kio_32xx_x.x' running, from appearances, 1 for every time I
> clicked refresh, well over 30 by glance.
>

>      Ec|ipse --- tomas@primenet.com --- http://www.primenet.com/~tomas
>    Ec|ipse@|Watcher| --- http://pacific.undertow.net/~tomas/no-net.html
>  EFnet : @#Eggdrop @#XiRCON @#tcl @#SleeperS @#^TeStInG @#Icons_Of_Vanity
>                Slackware Linux v3.4 --- Kernel 2.0.33/2.1.102

David Klemm / Vienna Austria
KDE b4 - Designed for Linux 98 / see http://www.kde.org
PGP FP: 5A D5 C4 87 A8 0C CC B8  A9 4C FC E9 9B B3 06 94