List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: problem with Beta 4.1
From:       Lorenzo Bettini <lorenzo.bettini () penelope ! penteres ! it>
Date:       1998-05-31 19:37:39

Drew Vassallo wrote:

> >David P. Huff wrote:

> but I get

> >> Lorenzo,
> >>

> > Had the same problem myself, both with /bin/sh and
> /usr/local/bin/perl. The answer is to use the -nodeps option with the
> rpm command line. Do a man on rpm for more details.
> >
> >I did that, but it's even worse: I get a lots of mistakes :-(

Actually I managed to install it with --nodpes

> Don't do this.  This only hides the problem, and often brings up worse
> problems later on.  Do an RPM -e <all KDE and QT packages>, then
> reinstall qt-1.33, qt devel (if you want to compile any KDE stuff), then
> support, libs, base, utils, etc...  Using the --nodeps option is not a
> good idea to solve problems, unless you clearly are upgrading an
> existing package or know that there is no problems with your setup.

What kind of problema can I encounter later?

> If all else fails, get a new version of RPM and install it.

OK, I'll try :-)

Thanx a lot
See you
	Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini                                    |
|  Informatica (Computer Science)		      |
|  Florence - Italy                                   |
|  Home Page        : http://150.217.34.30/~bettini   |
|  Mail Home        : lorenzo.bettini@fi.penteres.it  |
|  Mail University  : bettini@math.unifi.it           |
|  http://mokabyte.infomedia.it Java on line journal  |