List:       kde-user
Subject:    HTML and CGI
From:       "Nathan R Heagy" <nheagy () cintek ! com>
Date:       1998-06-01 4:07:10

I am trying to edit and view some pre-existing site I have created in
windows on KDE, by tranfering to a zip disk (the only disk both can see for
now) the problems I am encountering: all windows long file names are lost,
which destroys nearly all links; CGI/PERL scripts don't run; my PnP modem
(and sound card, too) aren't detected correctly, it seems, as the dialer
continues to crash at "modem ready". My distribution, Slack3.4, included
isapnptools, which is what I think I need, but the docs included do not
contain instructions basic enough for me to understand, and I can't find a
PnP howto.

Also, why can't I use Kwm to open gif and jpeg files (for viewing) ?

Thanks for the help. As always, pointers to more information are appreciated
as much as direct answers.
Nathan R Heagy
-- -- --
Building Quality Web Sites