List:       kde-user
Subject:    kmpg-0.3.3!
From:       Paul Miller <paul () 3dillusion ! com>
Date:       1998-05-31 15:46:08

Wow!  kmpg looks really cool, and I like the drag/drop with kfm.  After a
couple modifications and upgrading mpg123-0.59m to 0.59o I was able to
compile it.. but I'm having a few of problems..

1. the up/down arrows don't show up in the playlist editor.  I checked the
apps/kmpg/pics directory, and both up.xpm and down.xpm exist.

2. when seeking, if you rewind past the beginning, kmpg crashes

3. all functions (play/stop/seek/etc.) are slow.. it takes a second or two
for it to respond.

4. when adding a mpeg to the playlist using 'add mpeg', the dialog box is
too small.  I keep having to resize it so I can see the complete file
names..  It would be helpful if the size could be saved..

... right now, I'm using kmpg instead of x11amp only because of the
drag/drop ability.  x11amp uses less than 3% cpu, when kmpg uses about 14%
on my system.  I also like x11amp's style...

Keep up the good work!
-Paul