List:       kde-user
Subject:    kde kpanel lost some things
From:       "David E. Fox" <dfox () belvdere ! vip ! best ! com>
Date:       1998-04-15 4:17:07

Is it just me?

I've had a few unexpected hangs and shutdowns but these may be due to
bad or marginal cabling.

However, kde (I run it as startkde in my .xinitrc) comes up with only
two available desktops instead of the usual four. They're both named '&'
instead of 'One', 'Two', etc.

I don't see what I may have done to effect this change, nor how to get it
back the way it used to be. At one point in time, it seems to have
corrected itself, but then with the next hang, it reverted to what it
shows now.

I'm running the stock 3.0 beta glibc RPMs, recompiled from the src.rpms on
Redhat 5.0.