List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: kdm
From:       Alex Wulms <awulms () desktop ! inter ! nl ! net>
Date:       1998-04-14 21:09:54

] Hello, I have a self compiled verson of kde at home on a slackware linux
] box. the window manager works and everything but I can't get kdm to work. If
] I start kdm -nodaemon it pops up the little window with everyone's name
] listed, then I click on mine and enter my password but it just says login
] incorrect, how can this be fixed?
I had the same problem. I set-up a user account and password with the kuser
tool and after that I could not log-on using kdm. Though, after setting the
password with the passwd command I could log-on using kdm. My gues is that the
kuser tool does not set the password properly for the combination of pam and
kdm.

Maybe this helps.

By the way, I'm using version 0.57-4 of pam and version beta3-1 of kde on red
hat linux 4.0 with kernel 2.0.29 on an intel machine.

Best regards,
Alex Wulms
--
Alex Wulms            MSX of anders NIX