List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: 'Busy' mouse icon?
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1998-03-27 20:52:51

Changing the global cursor in X is a pain.

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Jeffrey J. Davey wrote:

> Mark E. DeYoung wrote:
> >
> [snip]
> > The icon changes. It doesn't prevent the user from pressing it again but
> > at least it looks "busy".
> >

> Thanks for the suggestion, Mark.  However, I feel it only goes partway
> in solving this particular problem.  What about desktop shortcuts?  What
> about selecting applications from the Go! menu, for that matter?
>
> Is it standard for applications to set the mouse icon when they come
> up?  If so, Kpanel could change the mouse icon to some "busy yet able to
> do other things" image (i.e. my suggestion to have both the hourglass
> and pointer), and then when said application comes up, the mouse icon
> could automatically get set to whatever it needs.
>
> This, to me, seems to require less changes, but would be effective for
> practically everything.
>
> What do you (and others) think?
>
> jeff
>
> p.s. Thanks for the 'KDE Rules of Engagement'.  ;-)

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
"I can attempt anything, specialization is for insects" (50% Heinlein).