List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: kppp problems (or pppd trouble?)
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1998-03-02 0:49:55

wim bakker wrote:

> I first tried RH4.2 and now slackware 3.2 but with the same results
> kppp is version 0.5.9
> kde is beta3
> use defaults for kppp with the following script:
> expect       ogin:
> send          myname\n
> expect       ssword:
> send          mypassword\n
> send          PPP
>
> after the password have been sent pppd dies unexpectedly (both by me
> and by itself I suppose)and certainly unwantedly
> pppd version 2.2.0
> kernel 2.0.29

You should leave away the '\n's. kppp doesn't recognize them, but it
takes care of the CR's itself anyway.

Did you activate the log window to observe the login procedure ? Chances
are high that you have been receiving a "Invalid login" or something.

Harri.

P.S. I recommend updating to a more recent version to take advantage of
some new features, e.g. PAP support.