List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Drag & Drop--Doesn't work
From:       Guido.Goldstein () t-online ! de (Guido Goldstein)
Date:       1998-02-28 16:21:55

OnSat, 28 Feb 1998 Bill Hogsett wrote:
>> Drag and drop doesn't work for me.
>
>I am using the 2-28 CVS, but the problem has been true since I started using
>KDE (Beta 2).
>
>If I drag a file from KFM to kfedit (or Netscape 4.04) the application is
>launched, but the dragged file is not displayed.
>
>I am using a Pentium II with RedHat 5.0 and libc6.  Everything else seems to be
>working fine.
>
>Bill Hogsett

Hi!

Did you take a look at the properties of your ".kdelnk" files?

Open the properties dialog for kedit.
In the "Execute" (don't know the exact english name, but it's the third
one) there something like "kedit" in the first field.
Append the following separated with a space from the kedit call
"%u".
This means, kedit ist started up with the dropped url.
For progs that don't understand the KDE-url's simply use
"%f" for the file name.

HIH
  Guido
--
Guido Goldstein <mailto:Guido.Goldstein@t-online.de>
Hiermit widerspreche ich der Nutzung oder Übermittlung