List:       kde-user
Subject:    installation / etc.
From:       "me" <belly () glasscity ! net>
Date:       1998-02-28 12:39:08

It would be nice, if there was some type of installation
program or something that would simplify the process.
Some type of script or something. I have Redhat 5.0
installed, with all the KDE rpm's etc, and I cannot get
it going. KDE will never really take off until the process
of installation is solved.

n Sat, 28 Feb 1998, "Dr. A. Gaskell" wrote:
>Dear all,
>I have installed the kde support, libs and base rpms. I set up my
>environments such that $KDEDIR = /opt/kde. All the files are there but
>when I start kde from within startx, X dies and says:
>
>	/opt/kde/bin/startkde: /opt/kde/bin/kwm No such file or directory
>

>		This repeats for all the other files in /bin ....
>
>	but they are there and my $KDEDIR is ok.

Ive had the same problem the files where there but coudt not be executet.
Isolved it by compiling KDE from source and the it worked for me.
--
Regards.

     Nicolai Petersen