List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: can't resolve symbol '__8KToolBarP7QWidgetPCc'
From:       "Peter T. Breuer" <ptb () it ! uc3m ! es>
Date:       1998-02-27 22:19:34

"A month of sundays ago Kirk Blue wrote:"

> I have installed kde beta 3 , qt1.31 , updated libc to libc.so.5.44

Which kde binary?  You need a libc5 binary - or compile it yourself (use
gcc 2.7.2, not gcc 2.8.0 if you can ..  safer for the mo).  You mean
5.4.4, I presume? - better get 5.4.38.

> and I still get this error from kirc , and kzip, kmail just flat out
> core dumps

Do you mean the rest of the stuff works? Well, what are you complaining
about! Kmail works for me (libc 5.4.38, kernel 2.0.25) but I have only
used it lightly. (I prefer elm to graphics :-). Does it do anything at
all, or just core dump on certain mails? Does it start up, in
particular?

kzip .. also boots for me. I don't feel like trying it on any zip
files. I don't have kirc.

Can you quantify the behavior a bit more tightly?