List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KPPP and PAP authentication
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1998-02-02 1:15:32

Roel K. Brand wrote:

> My ISP requires me to login using PAP authentication.
> So after the CONNECT string has been received, I do not want to
> do any login chat, but I want to give control to pppd....
>
> I can't seem to do this with kppp. Has anyone else been able to?
> Please mail me you kppprc.

More recent versions of kppp will allow you to easily setup PAP as the
authentication method. Simply fetch Beta 3 of KDE.

> Another thing is that kppp gives me a segmentation fault if I enter a
> 'conversation rule': SEND ''. So I don't fill in anything in the field
> after 'send'. The reason I want to do this is because to get a login
> prompt  from my ISP, I have to 'enter' first.

This problem will vanish if you upgrade to a newer version of kdelibs
(see above).
As a workaround I recommend inserting a dummy command as the first
command of your script. A simple & harmless 'Pause 0' will do the job.

Harri.