List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: newbie questions
From:       "Bunting" <bunty () tstt ! net ! tt>
Date:       1998-01-31 9:52:11

O.k
got KDE to start.
Here's what happens next.
It look like its initializing, it asks to make some directories in my home
directory, then it replys with the same error "Could not create
~/.kde/share/apps"
When I click on any of the packages under the K popup nothing opens.

1) can I fix this seperately now that I have set the path and export
statements correctly?
Or should I reinstall Kde using the source ?

Thanks for the help.