List:       kde-user
Subject:    KDE and scrollable desktops
From:       Mark Wagnon <mwagnon () aznet ! net>
Date:       1997-12-30 23:19:10

Hi all-

I've been playing around with KDE for a couple days now and I really
like it. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is some way to scroll
between desktops by moving your mouse to the edge like in fvwm? I kind
of have my doubts that it is possible because if I position a window
partially out of the frame of desktop one, I can't see the "missing"
portion by clicking on another desktop.

If it is currently unavailable, how might one express an interest in
having it coded in a future version of KDE? It's a cool little feature,
because I use a 15-inch monitor and not everthing fits on one screen,
which I realize is the problem that the whole idea of having multiple
desktops is supposed to fix, but I am EXTEMELY lazy and would rather
just move my mouse to the edge and have it scroll to the next screen
instead of clicking on the button for the desktop ( I told you I'm lazy!
:) ).

Regards,

Mark