List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Mouse settings get lost + IMPORTANT ADVICE FOR ALL RH5 USERS!!!!!!!!!
From:       "Jesse D. Sightler" <jsight () ibm ! net>
Date:       1997-12-30 22:18:16

Excuse the shouting, but this is VERY important for many of you who use RedHat
5.0.  RedHat frequently release errata information for RPMS that were either
built incorrectly or contain bugs.  This errata doc is at
http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/rhl/intel/rh50-errata-intel.html

To quote one section from the page:

> Package: clock off
>
> Updated: 10-Dec-1997
>
> Problem:
>
> (10-Dec-1997) Time problems occur in libc5 applications. They must either be \
> recompiled or have the below fix applied.
> Solution:
>
> Create the proper link by executing this command.
>
> ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo /usr/lib/zoneinfo

This would most likely solve problems with the timezone.  There are also several
major problems with the Kaffe installation, the c compiler (on Cyrix), several
security fixes, and a few other miscellaneous fixes.

I strongly advise ALL RedHat users to check this site!