List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: xfmail & kde beta 2 again
From:       Ted Harding <Ted.Harding () nessie ! mcc ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1997-11-30 20:03:35

On 30-Nov-97 tcorner@via.at wrote:
> I finally got kde beta 2 patched up and xfmail working with it nicely.
> The procedure was a bit gruesome:

In view of all this correspondence about KDE and XFMail:

Today I grabbed the KDE RPMs from ftp.mcc.ac.uk/pub/misc/kde
(these were kde*-Beta2-1.i386.rpm os 24/Nov/97) and installed them "blind" with
simply "rpm -h -v -i *.rpm".

I also grabbed the qt-lib RPM qt-1.31-1.i386.rpm from ftp.troll.no, and
installed this similarly.

I am using xfmail-intel-1.2-110497 (as precompiled by Alain Enout) with only
configurational changes.

KDE startedup straight away, and XFMail came up nicely; and I did NOT observe
any problems when opening XFMail windows. It all seemed to work OK.

This was done on a S.u.S.E.-5.0 system (which uses "rpm" as standard).

The only special feature was that XFMail was started up from a "command line"
in a KDE "system command" wondow; I have not got round to seeing what happens
if XFMail is "incorporated" into the KDE desktop.

For what it's worth -- it at least whows that the problem does not always occur!

Best wishes to all,
Ted.

E-Mail: Ted Harding <Ted.Harding@nessie.mcc.ac.uk>
Date: 30-Nov-97                                       Time: 20:03:35