List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Swallow Applications on Kpanel
From:       "A.D.Y. Cheng" <adyc100 () hkstar ! com>
Date:       1997-11-30 9:20:42

On 29 Nov 1997, Joachim Schaaf wrote:

> Ron Venema <arco@primenet.com> wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me how to swallow an application on the Kpanel? Ie,
> > asmail or asclock.
>
> I use the following for asmail (put it in ~/.kde/share/applnk/asmail.kdelnk).
>
> But I had and have still some problems:
> the 48x48 icons that come with asmail seem to be too big. asmail starts, but
> it isn't placed in the panel. My solution was to create 40x40 icons with xv.
> Normally one can specify a program in ~/.asmailrc that is executed when one
> clicks on the icon; that doesn't work, an entry in the exec-field in
> asmail.kdelnk is neccessary. And asmail is always checking for new mail (the
> "e" turns around) and doesn't stop...
>

> # KDE Config File
> [KDE Desktop Entry]
> Comment[C]=AfterStep Mail Notifier
> SwallowExec=asmail -geometry 50x50+10000+10000
> SwallowTitle=asmail
> BinaryPattern=
> Name[C]=ASMail
> MimeType=
> Comment=AfterStep Mail Notifier
> Exec=kvt -tn xterm -ls -T Pine -e pine -i
> TerminalOptions=
> Icon=nix.xpm
> Path=
> Type=Application
> Terminal=0

I put the above lines exactly in the same file as you mention in your
email except I change it to xload. However, everytime I log in to my
account, xload does not start let alone be swallowed into kpanel.
Can you tell me what should I do to make xload starts everytime I log in
to my account and xload is swalled into kpanel.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards
Anthony