List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: remote YAST in kvt
From:       Bernd Johannes Wuebben <wuebben () math ! cornell ! edu>
Date:       1997-10-31 16:04:33

>I'm running SuSE 5.0
>After a remote-login/telnet to another host I tried to start YAST as
>root.
>
>But I get this error-message:
>

>Have a lot of fun...
>Last login: Wed Oct 29 16:10:10 on tty2.
>No mail.
>Arthur:/root # yast
>Error opening terminal: xterm-color.
>Arthur:/root #
>
>Does YAST not run in a kvt-window ?

No, that means that the machine on which you started YAST
has an incomplete termcap/terminfo database. Contact
your systems administrator. If he needs the terminal
capabilites for kvt, they are in one of the subdirectories
of the kvt distribution.

Best Regards,
Bernd
wuebben@kde.org

>Sincerly
>Michael

This mail was sent using the KDE mailing list archive