List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Some questions
From:       Albert Janssen <humo () FuzzyVibe ! pi ! net>
Date:       1997-08-24 1:46:19

On Sat, 23 Aug 1997, Nicolas Ermrich wrote:

> 1) If I try to install the *rpm-files without the '--nodeps' option,
> installation fails because of missing dependencies. Qt and all the other
> libs are installed.

So, there's obviously no problem :)

> (i.e. kde.version.arch.rpm needs qt >= 1.2)
> After installation with the '--nodeps' option KDE-works. Why?

That depends on a few things (e.g. which release, which version-numbers.)

[1] Nice common chap:
If you are using RPM on a regular base with a Linux-release like Redhat,
Caldera,Suse or DLD, and if you think you did install all of your RPMS
correctly, you might try :
[root]:# rpm -Va

[2] Heavy user:
If you're using Slackware or Debian, with RPM-support, then you probably
have to live with ... using --nodeps in such cases.

[3] Power-weirdo:
If you are using all kind of packages, *.tgz, *.rpm, *.deb, then again
you're on your own ;-)

> 2) What path must I add to which file that the kpanel can exec applications
> added to the Kpanel-Start-Button (i.e. Network Apps, System Apps). If I
> start them manually ,they work.

Take a look at /opt/kde/apps/ (or /usr/local/kde/apps/)
Or start dropping icons on Kpanel :)

 Greetings, Albert.         (Email: humo@pi.net)