List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: How to install RPM??
From:       Matt McLeod <mjm () kde ! org>
Date:       1997-02-14 18:53:24

On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, Trae Mc Combs wrote:

> I myself still can't get KWM to come up fully :(
> But all the packages n shit installed and the programs are SWEET!
> www.mindspring.com/~xwindow/xgrab.gif

I just switched from Red Hat 4.0 to Debian 1.2 (it was time for a
re-install anyway...), so I thought I'd give the binary rpm a go.

I used "alien" to install Qt and KDE - this went quite smoothly.

Naturally, I immediately upgraded kwm to 0.4, and haven't noticed any
significant problems (well, none specific to the rpm, anyway).

Congrats to Andrew on a job well done.

Any chance that the big release will include dynamically-linked libraries?

Matt