List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: ALSA Problems
From:       akar <akar () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-09-09 5:57:42

On Sun, 9 Sep 2001 15:13, John Gluck wrote:
> The native kernel drivers work for the live (EMU10K1) but I can't seem
> to get ALSA to work. If I run alsamixer it seems to detect the mixer but
> there's no sound. If I try kmix it crashes.

John, this list closed a week ago. You should change to kde or kde-linux  at
lists.kde.org.  ALSA needs to be set up properly in modules.conf  Properly
usually means with OSS emulation so that means about 10 lines in your
modules.conf file, luckily the alsa readmes give a good guide to doing this
with examples. aRts starts by itself if you have ticked it to do so in the
control-centre configuration. You may not even have alsa support compiled
into arts unless you compiled yourself. If a distro doesn't use alsa by
default then it is likely they did not compile with alsa support.

--
Regards,
Andrew