The big wish is to be able to highlite a block of time in the diary ( eg=20 10-12 ) and then start typing in the area immediately to create a new=20 appointment for that time.=20 Currently you double click at the start time and have to set the end time= =20 within the query. This was mentioned by myself and others a few weeks back, I guess I need = to=20 find out who and where the usability of Korganiser is going to be logged. The way Evolution does it is much nicer. I actually prefer Evolution because I like to have my virtual filofax ( i= e=20 diary, contacts and email ), but Im not using it at the moment as I prefe= r=20 kmail's formatting of email. dids > Had some feedback from the Cornelius the author of Korganizer. Can you = help > provide me some feedback on the user interface of the program if you ar= e > currently using it? > > If you aren't using it but are using something else instead (evolution?= ) > can you let me know why you are currently not using korganizer ? > > > Regards > Stephen > > ---------- Forwarded Message ---------- > > Subject: Re: Usability report for Korganizer > Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:48:08 +0200 > From: Cornelius Schumacher > To: S A Jarrett-Sprague > > Hi Stephen, > > On Friday 17 August 2001 21:58, S A Jarrett-Sprague wrote: > > I have just written a usability report for Korganizer 2.1 for KDE 2.1= .2 > > and have volunteered to maintain the Korganizer usability report. Ple= ase > > find attached report. > > Ah great, this is something which could turn out to be very useful. > > > The approach I took with writing this report was to take a look at th= e > > program from a new users perspective and how they would guess the pro= gram > > should work primarily by just looking at it. I took MS Outlook to be = the > > baseline that people would compare to. > > Did you make any studies with other people using KOrganizer, or are the= se > just your personal experiences? I would be very interested in reports a= bout > people actually using KOrganizer and where the most common problems wit= h > the user interface are. > > > I think the things that I have commented on our pretty minor stuff th= at > > =A0if changed might help polish the program. Indeed korgainzer in KDE= 2.2 > > may be much different allready. Can't wait to see! Anyway, I would > > appreciate feedback, and any suggestions as how you would like the > > usability project to help you. > > Some comments about the isssues you raise in the report: > > #1-1: 3-pane monthview/todo view: For the month view it's useful to hav= e in > addition the todo list, for the todo list is useful to have in addition= the > small calendar. I'm not sure what the best solution is, but you are rig= ht, > that this isn't optimal right now. With the other two points I agree. W= ill > fix that, when I find time. > > #1-2: This is a bug in kdeui. This should be fixed. > > #1-3: This has been fixed in Korganizer 2.2 > > #1-4: You are right. We are addressing this problem right now, with a n= ew > alarm daemon architecture. > > Regards, > Cornelius _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability