List:       kde-usability
Subject:    A Question About Implementation
From:       JP S-C <jp_sc () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-08-15 18:32:10

Dear All,
     I like Jim's Todo list and started considering writing some more
work or writing.  However, I wonder before any of us do a huge amount
more of work, if anyone has a sense of how well received our
reccomendations will be or if (even some of them) will be implemented?
I know from talking with some people on #kde that some developers are
very receptive (to a reasonable degree), whereas others are less. Do we
have any "as close-to-official" word(I realize there is no "official"
word since KDE is supposed to be a virtually control-free community) on
whether or not the big KDE developers will support our reccomendations
or whether or not they have any sense about how other developers will
view / receive our work?
     I realize this is sort of a hard question to answer and it cannot
be answered completely or with 100% accuracy, but I think before we
write tons of reports and put in many hours it would be nice to have
some sort of official "we will welcome and constructively discuss your
work" from KDE-core and main application developers.  I would just hate
to see developers get mad a usability people for some communications
problem or seeming presumptious (writing lots of reports without telling
them) and then for usability people to get mad for having spent so much
time on something that will not be implemented.

Anyone know the people on the kde-core-devel, konqeror-devel (or
equivalent), koffice-devel, etc well?

Just a thought.

Best,

--JP