List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: A VERY BAD draft task analysis of Web Browser
From:       Jim Conner <jconner83 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-08-12 1:56:31

Some very good points were made.  I think that if Konqueror kept the last X
number of web pages visited it would be a good idea.  Also, have an option
there to clear the list similar to Recent Documents in Kicker.  You have the
basic framework of a Usability Report.  Just evaluate each task or set of
tasks with the perspective of a new user and comment on each.  Also, list any
solutions for any usability problems that you see.  This can be integrating
new features or rearranging existing features.  I'll be looking for future
drafts of your report.

Jim

On Saturday August 11, 2001  3:36 pm, Emerald Arcana wrote:
> You've been warned.  This is a VERY BAD draft task analysis and precisely
> the reason why I don't think I should ever be a Maintainer of anything.
>
> The task analysis is not done: I would like to do an External Task list
> when KDE 2.2.2 (or whatever the new version is) comes out so we can compare
> a user's tasks with the actual implementations.
>
> Again.... this is a VERY rought draft and is incomplete.  I'll work on it
> more, on and off, when I have more time to do so.  For now, please take a
> look and see what you think.  Feedback would be appreciated.  Suggestions
> and corrections would be excellent!
<snip>

--

  8:42pm  up 18 days, 21:16,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.04