List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: What areas does this list cover ?  - ok some points
From:       dids <richard () diddyland ! com>
Date:       2001-08-11 20:04:38

On Saturday 11 August 2001 12:54 am, Jim Conner wrote:
> Please feel free to discuss your points about anything that is KDE
> usability related.  This not only covers KDE, but all applications and
> applets that are in the tarballs that are distributed by KDE.  There has
> been quite a bit stated about the Desktop, but we'd like to hear your
> views.  This goes with Konqueror, KMail, KOrganizer and any other app that
> you wish to comment on it's usability,

I expect these are pretty standard, but here we go.

> > 1) right click menus on the desktop & konqueror

Would it be better if the desktop right click menu -> create new
had Directory at the top as that is what I find myself doing most often ?
Or perhaps it would be nice if we could choose the order of items here.
Perhaps we can already.

1) Desktop & Konqueror
Desktop>>Would like to see "send to" as an option on the right click menu. I
use this feature a lot in windows.

>> Desktop, - Icon Naming would like to be able to,  if mouse click set to
double click, click once to hi-lite, second delayed click, to select name and
allow editing, same as right click ->rename

>>Desktop - Put "Create  link" option in the Desktop->rightclick->Create
Menu.

>>Konqueror. ( Bookmarks )
I love the option to create a folder within the bookmark list.	Would like it
if when you added a new folder, the menu stayed open and allowed you to add
the url bookmark straight away. Not sure if this is a usability-list thing.
Would like to move bookmarks around list while list is open. Not sure what is
possible within current kde/qt framework.

> > 2) kmail

I would like to be able to see a list filtered to show at least unread mail
only.

Even better if you could choose an on the fly filter for the email folder you
are viewing. <- I suppose search does that

Selectable columns for folder views. I would like to see status column, etc.

> >3) Korganiser
I would like to be able to highlight the time eg 9.00-14.00 and then start
typing to fill in the appointment details.

>>4) Knode
	Would like to be able to navigate the news postings with just cursor keys.
At the moment I seem to have to cursor to an item and then press enter to see
the selected post. Perhaps I missed a configuration option ?

I guess these are the things I keep bumping into.
I love kde2.2, its the killer "app" that makes me really happy to be using
linux.

dids