List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Stuff I will be doing
From:       "Jonathan Bacon" <j.bacon () delta ! wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-07-27 9:00:59

Hello all,

OK, I have drafted up a quick plan of what I am going to get cracking on
over the next week on the website. As only I and Chris have access to
the CVS there shoul dnot be any conflicts, but if Chris is planning on
doing some stuff could you let me know...although I think Chris is on
his hols.

I am going to be implementing the following:

 - Creating the database
 - Creating a reports area where people who have done usability tests
can submit HTML reports to be placed on the site. It would be nice to
have an annotations tool also for these reports.
 - Developing the question API -> porting over the existing (limited!)
API to the new framework

As for question tests, these should not be random but well developed
tests based around what we expect to acheive in each study. I also plan
on developing an icon testing testbed but that may be down the line a
bit.

Later we could do with a usability reports database, buts I don't really
think we want a load of old usability reports that never get purged.

Meanwhile, could people who have submitted reports on areas of KDE that
need work (such as the K Start button and the Ximian GNOME comparison
report) please develop a report that I could load into the site. We
could do with developing a formal look and feel for these reports, and
maybe an online form for submitting them. If someone wants to develop
this look and feel that would be great. :-)

	Jono