List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Usability tests should not focus on icons
From:       Netalix <netalix () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-07-26 19:57:24

... I am hesitant to say this. but... I wouldn't make it an option.

You make the tutorial SHORT. 4 screens. showing the 4 most esoteric
convetions.

Leave the K logo ... thats our "brand" .. but make the user learn what
it means.

-K

--- Sheldon Lee Wen <tormak@home.com> wrote:

> > Thats VERY simalar to Ximians doorman. the only difference is that
> you
> > can shut off the tips. Imagine if the first time you loged in as
> you
> > personalized everything, Kandalf(sp) made you sit through a 4
> screen
> > tutorial showing you the basic "conventions" before you could do
> > anything else.
>
> This would be an option. At the end of the personalization, you can
> have 2
> buttons, one to "Start Using KDE" or another to "Take a KDE
> Tutuorial."

> "... all thoughts of selfish desire, ill-will, hatred and
>  violence are the result of a lack of wisdom ... "
>  - Buddha
>
> For an awsome fantasy role playing game checkout:
> http://lycadican.sourceforge.net

=====
May the Penguin be with you!
    (o_      Kevin Poorman
    //\      Netalix@Yahoo.com
    V_/_     AOLIM: Netalix, Shyslpwlkr or TheUnchosen1